More and more organizations are implementing/deploying some form of unified communications and collaboration platform/application. This has increased the need for USB headsets in certain environments.
I should write a blog on the importance of devices, the variety and the critical role they play in the adoption and optimization of a UC&C platform. Of course, education and training on all the feature/functionality of a new platform is also a must.
Due to inaccurate budgeting for UC&C devices, there is a strong need for low-cost USB headsets to get people up and running. Many device manufacturers have recognized this and have created USB headsets to fill the need.
The latest addition to the Logitech Business Product Portfolio is the Logitech USB Headset Mono H570e and Stereo (dual ear) models. Customers ask… What’s the difference between H650e and H570e?
Below are some differences and similarities between the two series:
- Price: $30+ difference in MSRP
- In-Call LED right-light indicator on the back of the mic boom
- H650e models have this feature vs H570e models do not
- In a high paced open office/contact center environment this visible in-call indicator is a great feature to let others know you are actively in a call.
- Carrying Bag
- H650e models include vs H570e models do not
- This is great for protecting and storing your headset when not in use.
- Color & Ear Cushion style
- H650e has metallic highlight in boom vs H570e solid black boom
- Ear Cushion style different
- H570e Stereo
- H650e Stereo
- Audio Quality
- Based on my own experience, audio quality both receive/transmit were comparable, however, the H650e series did fair a little better.
- H650e Series: Compatible with most leading UC platforms such as Microsoft Lync, Skype, Google Hangouts Pro, Cisco and more.
- H570e Series: Compatible with most leading UC platforms, such as Microsoft® Lync™, Skype™, Cisco Jabber™, Cisco® IP Communicator, Google Hangouts, Apple FaceTime, etc.
- H650e Series: Optimized for Microsoft® Lync™; Cisco® compatible
- H570e Series: Optimized for Microsoft® Lync™; Skype™ certified; Cisco® compatible
- Both H650e and H570e series are very comfortable headsets. I found the H650e to be just a tad more comfortable.
- Both H650e and H570e Series include a 2-year limited hardware warranty.
Both Logitech H650e and H570e headsets should be considered if you are looking or corded USB headsets for your