By Danny Hayasaka
May 18, 2017
“Can I use the Voyager 5200 UC or Voyager Focus UC with a desk phone?” is another question we get. The answer is “YES!” Back in 2014 I wrote about the MDA200, fast forward to 2017 and the MDA220 has been introduced. So what’s the difference between the two, they look identical?
The main differences:
- Better integration with Plantronics Software like Plantronics Manager Pro subscription service
- Compatibility with more Plantronics USB Headsets
- Blackwire Family
- Voyager Family
- .Audio 615, .Audio 630M
- Savi 400 Series
- EncorePro USB Series
- Bluetooth USB Adapter BT600 and BT300
- Entera USB (HW111N, HW121N)
- DA70, DA80, DA90
What’s in the Box? MDA 220 Audio Switcher, Telephone Interface Cable, Quick Start Guide
Set Up and Use: First connect your Plantronics Supported corded or wireless USB headset adapter to MDAA220 USB headset port. (See list above for list of supported headsets)
Connecting to PC or Laptop: Connect the USB cable from the MDA220 to the computer. The computer talk button LED will be solid green.
Connecting to Desk Phone: There are three options for connecting MDA220 to a desk phone.
- Desk Phone (standard) via included Telephone Interface Cable
- There are switch settings on underside as well as Speaker and Mic volume levels
- Desk phone + HL10 lifter and power supply (sold separately)
- Desk phone + EHS Cable (sold separately)
The Computer Audio Button and Desk Phone Audio Button are indicated via LED Indicators on the top of the MDA220. Below is the LED Indicator light guide:
I can’t stress enough the importance of downloading Plantronics Software or subscribing to Plantronics Manager Pro. The Asset Management capabilities are one thing, the awesome voice analytics are really great.
Plus Plantronics Hub software offers many options. You can update firmware or adjust multiple settings to support how you work.
The MDA220 is a solid solution. If you have questions, please contact your dedicated Call One, Inc. Account Executive. 1-800-749-3160